Jez wants to know ... what's the perfect length of a video-game campaign?

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
xbox-one-x-logo-desk-horizontal.jpg

In the run-up to Gears 5's launch, many were pondering just how long it would be, given that it was described as the biggest Gears campaign yet. It got me thinking, how long is too long? And how short is too short?
Gears 5 is almost upon us, and it is rather great. The campaign evolves the franchise's base formula with new features, delivering a beefy 12- to 15-hour experience that is well worth the wait.
In the run-up to the full reveal of Gears 5's campaign, many had wondered just how long it would be. Gears of War 4 sits at roughly 9 to 10 hours according to average playthroughs, whereas Gears 5 took me 14 hours to finish on hard difficulty, while I mopped up the majority of its side objectives and collectibles along the way.
Related: Jez's in-depth Gears 5 review
The debate around How long is too long? And how short is too short? is subjective and depends on various factors. Does the game cost $60? Does it have additional longevity through replayability or added modes? Does it potentially pad out its length with difficulty, like the recently released (and super hard) Remnant: From the Ashes? And so on. However, in a broader, average context, I wondered what you all might think is the perfect campaign length for a $60 title, presuming you had no intention of playing any additional multiplayer content.
So, we'd like to hear from you. Presuming a game has a high-quality experience, what is your preferred story campaign length for a $60 game? Vote the poll below and let us know.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb