Yakuza: Like a Dragon could be the new king of JRPGs on Xbox

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
yakuza-like-a-dragon-ichiban-kawaii.jpg

Yakuza: Like a Dragon is my first experience with a Yakuza game, and it won't be my last. It's awesome.
Yakuza: Like a Dragon is one of the first titles hitting Xbox Series X when it launches alongside the console on November 10, 2020. Yakuza is a storied franchise, debuting on the PlayStation 2 back in 2005. The series has seen a bit of a resurgence in popularity in recent years, with remasters hitting Xbox Game Pass, alongside the Yakuza Zero prequel.
Yakuza games are difficult to describe to the uninitiated, but thanks to Xbox Game Pass, it's easy to jump in and give them a try for yourself either on Xbox consoles or PC. At their core, Yakuza games are open-world beat 'em ups, with a heavy emphasis on story. They're also known for their broad variety of mini-games, perhaps most famously, the franchise's over-the-top karaoke rhythm bars.
Yakuza: Like a Dragon is my first experience with the franchise, so if you'd prefer a veteran's perspective you may want to head elsewhere. But for millions of potential new players Yakuza is seeing in the West thanks to Xbox Game Pass, here's a crash course on what to expect, and why Yakuza: Like a Dragon might be an amazing place to start.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb