Microsoft giving out an extra free 20GB of SkyDrive to Windows Phone users

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
It's not what you think. It is 20 GB but only for ONE YEAR. Not sure why people are hyping this.

http://i41.tinypic.com/71qkon.jpg

Yep, I know it's for one year, but it would still prove very useful to me, especially as I currently have a yearly paid plan, so this would be a free extension onto this :)

Even if I didn't have a paid plan, a free year is a free year, so I would've taken it anyway.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Well I finally heard back from Microsoft after emailing them about this and I got the following reply:

"...We understand how you feel about the situation as you didn't receive an e-mail regarding 20GB for Free SkyDrive storage.

I suggest that you wait for the e-mail as this is sent randomly.

Thank you"

So, the answer is... wait. Although, I doubt very much whether anything will arrive now. Even when they send these offers out in batches, they would have all arrived by now surely. I'll give it a couple of weeks and then get back to them again. I am genuinely interested to hear why some people never received the offer and to see whether the people who never did receive it, can contact Microsoft to have a code sent to them.

kb4000

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I also never got a code. I have 25 GB from original SkyDrive and I pay for 50 GB more, but my SkyDrive is almost full.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I got my email few days ago...i got extra 20gb storage...but that's free only for a year....iam happy thou...

Sent from my Nokia 1020 RM-875_im_india_230 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte