Official Facebook beta gets updated with bug fixes and performance improvements

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Facebook%20Beta%20for%20Windows%20Phone%208_1_0.jpg

The Facebook beta for Windows Phone is an opportunity for avid fans of the social network to try out latest features in builds not yet available to the general public. We've gone through the festive period without an update with 5.0.2 released*mid-December, but today a new release has been published to the store. Say hello to version 5.2.1.1.

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

Josef Rokos

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
The Phone always ask me to "update" my Facebook app, both official and beta version to wrong version. 3.2.1.1 instead of 5.2.... I'm using Lumia 1020 with Czech language, and location set to Czech republic. Only when set to US, the versions are correct and not 7.8 versions as in the Czech republic

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi my name is Fahmi Bassem.
I have a problem with my Facebook app it stopped receiving notifications, and Facebook chat in built in massaging app not working.
Thank you

Seigmamm

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem (Norwegian store). Tried to send them an email through the facebook app, but there haven't been much of a respone as of yet.. Were you able to download the latest update by switching to US?

Josef Rokos

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Go to setting and set language to English, location to USA and setting to USA, restart your phone and then normally open the store and download as usual but now correct version

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

mariusfilip

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
i really do begin to wonder...i think this whole Facebook app/Beta/updates is some kind of conspiracy against Facebook Inc. , maybe Zuckerberg has broken up with his girlfriend who works at Microsoft :love: and she uses her charms on the assigned FB dev team to **** him off , OR some kind of Twitter or any other competitive social network has a 'mole' that doesn't let us, the users, use this app properly :winktongue: ,just thought of these while opening/closing,installing,reinstalling my facebook BETA app.:confused:

I'm a FB heavy user,i LOVE my lumia 720 but for facebook, from today, 9-th of february ,year 2014, i will carry around my SAMSUNG GALAXY S1 to take care of this. No offense,really appreciate the efort,but as MANY have said...this app maybe easily developed if MAYBE we should PAY for it...as far as i am concerned...i would gladely pay for a Facebook app that work at least as good like the one on my 2010 Galaxy,not to mention iOS or 2014 android . It's almost funny to me that a single app,at least for me,matters so much,maybe we should sue MS for the radiation levels we are exposed while carrying multiple devices,not to mention that i live near Cernobal,i might take that seriously because i am already irradiated:excited: Thx for reading :smile:

Last edited:

Firdaus Fauzi1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
yeah totally agree with you regarding this matter.. I always bring along my iPod touch with me because the apps there are so much better than windows phone's.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett