Microsoft sells over 200 Million licenses for Windows 8 ? 'looking forward to the future'

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Windows_8.jpg

At times, the success of Microsoft?s latest operating system, Windows 8, can seem questionable. While Microsoft was able to sell over 240 million Windows 7 licenses a year after the software?s launch, Windows 8 is just beginning to see any figures close to that number. It has been fifteen months and Microsoft has just now acknowledged that they have sold over 200 million licenses.

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
That great news however how many of those downgraded back down to Windows 7?

I wouldn't expect many would have or knew how too! :p

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
That great news however how many of those downgraded back down to Windows 7?

I wouldn't expect many would have or knew how too! :p

I wonder if that number includes the HPs that ship with a choice of 7 or 8. We sell a number of those, and in spite of us pushing Windows 8 (we encourage the home consumers; not so much to businesses), probably over half opt to use Windows 7.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if that number includes the HPs that ship with a choice of 7 or 8. We sell a number of those, and in spite of us pushing Windows 8 (we encourage the home consumers; not so much to businesses), probably over half opt to use Windows 7.

That sounds right most customers that look at windows 8 metro just get confuse and wouldn't know much about it whereas they may have used XP or Vista and expecting something similar so Windows 7 is perhaps the best option.

You can boot it straight to desktop but again will most users be able too or want too change a setting for this?

As well it is a sale and if the customer want Windows 7 give them Windows 7.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb