At times, the success of Microsofts latest operating system, Windows 8, can seem questionable. While Microsoft was able to sell over 240 million Windows 7 licenses a year after the softwares launch, Windows 8 is just beginning to see any figures close to that number. It has been fifteen months and Microsoft has just now acknowledged that they have sold over 200 million licenses.

Full story from the WPCentral blog...
    02-13-2014 02:50 PM
    That great news however how many of those downgraded back down to Windows 7?

I wouldn't expect many would have or knew how too! :P
    02-13-2014 02:52 PM
    That great news however how many of those downgraded back down to Windows 7?

I wouldn't expect many would have or knew how too! :P
    I wonder if that number includes the HPs that ship with a choice of 7 or 8. We sell a number of those, and in spite of us pushing Windows 8 (we encourage the home consumers; not so much to businesses), probably over half opt to use Windows 7.
    02-13-2014 03:08 PM
    I wonder if that number includes the HPs that ship with a choice of 7 or 8. We sell a number of those, and in spite of us pushing Windows 8 (we encourage the home consumers; not so much to businesses), probably over half opt to use Windows 7.
    That sounds right most customers that look at windows 8 metro just get confuse and wouldn't know much about it whereas they may have used XP or Vista and expecting something similar so Windows 7 is perhaps the best option.

You can boot it straight to desktop but again will most users be able too or want too change a setting for this?

As well it is a sale and if the customer want Windows 7 give them Windows 7.
    Last edited by BIGPADDY; 02-13-2014 at 04:24 PM. Reason: I was lazy and put Win 7 and it was bugging me so change to Windows 7
    tgp likes this.
    02-13-2014 04:13 PM