App suggestions for new Windows Phone user switching from Android

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
lumia_1520_htc_one_max.jpg

WPCentral forum member, rtojohnny08, is getting a new Nokia Lumia 1520 this week. He is coming from Android and has decided to switch to Windows Phone. He needs help and wants to know what Windows Phone has to offer to replace some of the Android apps that are important to him.

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

Oubeid

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Well, I think that
?"One Note" is a perfect for "Google Keep", it helped me a lot when I switched from android, he can also check Tinydo if he needs a simple clean UI to do app.
?adidas miCoach / 6 Week Training / BodBot Personal Trainer (it's really a taste / purpose thing)
?WPCentral app!! One of my favorites.
?2safe for his passwords
?MyTube the best YouTube app on WP8
?Digitally Imported / SKY.FM Radio / TV Show / CineTube for music and media
?Camera360 / Picsart / Fhotoroom / Photosynth Sophielense HD as the best photography apps
?Bing's Collection of apps (News, Sports, Weather, Finance, Food & Drinks...)
?NBC News, Bloomberg, FlipMag Beta, Phonly for news
?Battery Performance / Insider / Cal Calendar for accessory apps
? Get Them All and wpTorrent for downloads.

These are my personal favorites, still, there are tons and tons of great apps on WP8.. I avoided to mention the obvious ones like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram Beta. Hopefully this will help a little bit.. Welcome to windows phone 8 buddy!!!

Daniel Winn

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Nokia has a utility to help users transitioning from other platforms find equal or comparable apps on WP8.

That said, here are my suggestions:
Fitness: Active Fitness & Runtastic

Password Keeper: RoboForms, LastPass or SkyWallet

Key Ring is in WP store

Notes: OneNote, syncs to any platform using SkyDrive and has web app if on Mac or Chrome without Office Suite. Evernote is good option too.

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
First:
Fitness: Runtastic, Endomondo
Notes: Evernote, One Note
Password management: no idea, since I don't trust such apps
Reward cards: WP wallet (stock app) should have a feature for this, Loyalty Cards, Cardstar

Second: Why the hell does he need an article for this? Google/Bing, enter keywords, ta-da! Seriously, are people too lazy for a simple search on the web or not capable anymore?
Plus, 90% of all comments in the article are unrelated, since it seems that no one cares to READ the article and just post ANY apps except the ones that he's looking for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss