Windows Phone is losing some hardware differentiation as Microsoft woos Android manufacturers

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
WIndows_MWC.jpg

A real quick analysis of today?s announcements by Microsoft, specifically in regards to Windows Phone, shows that Microsoft is loosening the belt on their mobile OS. Back when Windows Phone 7 Series was announced at this very event four years ago, Microsoft had set very strict hardware requirements in an effort to keep the user experience consistent and ensure a quality experience.
That?s a very different approach from Android, which has a more ?anything goes? method for hardware, resulting in proliferation of Android throughout the mobile market. Apple, of course does the opposite: they only make their own hardware, so there are no manufacturer opportunities.

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I find WP the perfect OS for me, but more hardware options would be awesome.

Will it make a difference though? Samsungs sell by the boatload, yet move very few WP devices. I know they put no effort in, but still.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I find WP the perfect OS for me, but more hardware options would be awesome.

Will it make a difference though? Samsungs sell by the boatload, yet move very few WP devices. I know they put no effort in, but still.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk

LG and Lenovo should be coming aboard.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo