A real quick analysis of todays announcements by Microsoft, specifically in regards to Windows Phone, shows that Microsoft is loosening the belt on their mobile OS. Back when Windows Phone 7 Series was announced at this very event four years ago, Microsoft had set very strict hardware requirements in an effort to keep the user experience consistent and ensure a quality experience.
    Thats a very different approach from Android, which has a more anything goes method for hardware, resulting in proliferation of Android throughout the mobile market. Apple, of course does the opposite: they only make their own hardware, so there are no manufacturer opportunities.

Full story from the WPCentral blog...
    02-23-2014 09:10 AM
    I find WP the perfect OS for me, but more hardware options would be awesome.

Will it make a difference though? Samsungs sell by the boatload, yet move very few WP devices. I know they put no effort in, but still.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk
    02-23-2014 09:23 AM
    I find WP the perfect OS for me, but more hardware options would be awesome.

Will it make a difference though? Samsungs sell by the boatload, yet move very few WP devices. I know they put no effort in, but still.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk
    LG and Lenovo should be coming aboard.
    03-08-2014 01:02 PM