Nokia goes on the offensive with effective new ?app reality? ad, targeting new buyers

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Windows_Phone_apps.jpg

If there?s one thing we can all agree on is that Windows Phone has a perception problem, especially in the US and Canada. The phone hardware is often reviewed favorably, but critics tend to ding the OS for lack of apps. This so-called ?app-gap? has become less of problem as of late 2013, but the perception is still there. Also, MIA apps like Sonos don?t help either.
Nokia?s new ad, showcased on their Canadian YouTube channel, does a really good job of breaking it all down for the consumer. In fact, it?s one of the best we?ve seen. With bold bright graphics, the narrator talks about how impressive the Windows Phone store has become, highlighting things like UI design, Live Tiles, Windows Phone exclusive apps, and how major titles like Vine, Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram are all here already.

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Ok so how do our app quality compare to the competition? If I'm competing ...it would have to be the best but for wp8...... There not. Some are! But majority lack features . You wanna change perception in us? Go after carriers!!! If you don't WP will never shake that perception . It will take for ever with word of mouth ! If I had a product that my distributor is not pushing youd best believe ill be at that store raising hell!! Why isn't ms?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720