Microsoft starts checking App submissions for Windows Phone 8.1 compatibility

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Preview_Developers_GDR3_Gringing_Gears_0_0.jpg

Build 2014 is only a few weeks away, and the world is expecting Microsoft to finally unveil*Windows Phone 8.1. The beta*SDK is already in some hands, and we?ve even heard some 8.1 hardware is now circulating too for some devs. This is unsurprising, because Microsoft is not going to announce this thing with no release details on April 2. Quite the opposite, as Redmond appears to be taking a ?hit the ground running? approach, making the OS preview-update available that day with new hardware only a few weeks later.
In that regard, seeing Microsoft check app compatibility when submitting new XAP files to the Store should not be a shock. After all, they probably want to test some things out, and we?re sure little nuggets like this will make an appearance between now and April 2. The change in the Store happened in the last five days, with people noticing late last week.

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
If I was Microsoft on April 1st I would have people waking up to "A new system update is available" and after the update and install it would say April fools.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
If I was Microsoft on April 1st I would have people waking up to "A new system update is available" and after the update and install it would say April fools.

Releasing the update during the night is a good idea. That way nuts like me will stay up and install it, freeing up resources for others in the morning. The problem with this idea though is that it's always morning somewhere!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon