Firefox for Windows 8 is dead, states low user adoption

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
They never said it was the OS. They said it was the low adoption rate. When you only have 1,000 beta testers vs millions of beta testers on the desktop at any given time that doesn't bode well for continued investment of resources. You've gotta admit that's pretty bad given that there's enough interest in the Linux version to make it worth their while when those have to be fairly modest numbers as well.

Posted via the WPC App!
I'm running the Nightly version of Firefox in desktop Windows 8.1 and in Linux.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Ever used Maxthon?
Yes, I tried it, but I didn't like it. I didn't see any way to email links. I don't use webmail. I use email clients (Outlook 2013 and Thunderbird).

I also prefer a cross-platform browser, since I run Linux, not just Windows. I belive Maxthon is exclusive to Windows.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I tried it, but I didn't like it. I didn't see any way to email links. I don't use webmail. I use email clients (Outlook 2013 and Thunderbird).

I also prefer a cross-platform browser, since I run Linux, not just Windows. I belive Maxthon is exclusive to Windows.

Maxton has a browser for Windows, Mac and Linux.

The Linux version is in beta at the moment:

Maxthon Cloud Browser for Linux V0.9.3.0 Beta Released! - User Voices - Maxthon Community - Powered by Discuz!

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
They never said it was the OS. They said it was the low adoption rate.

You're right, that was my mistake. It was actually TechRadar, not Mozilla that said it was the OS.

Check out the wording in the URL as well as the title of the article:

"techradar.com/us/news/software/applications/firefox-metro-app-abandoned-as-microsoft-s-modern-ui-proves-unpopular"

"Firefox 'Metro' app abandoned because no one wants Microsoft's Modern UI"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6