MLB?s At Bat for Windows Phone now ready for the 2014 season

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Well, a couple of weeks in, and the video is pretty legit so far but the list of complaints has not shrunk.

1) There is sometimes a long delay in the toast notifications (not that bad), and sometimes they are 5-10 seconds ahead of the video feed! There is nothing more annoying then watching your pitcher battle with the bases loaded and two outs and get a "runs are scored" toast before he throws his pitch!

2) I can't listen to a radio feed for more than 10 minutes and it will just pause. I have to unlock the phone, it shows "buffering" and then starts to play again. (no need to click anything after I unlock).

And 3) This app is 100x better than the Xbox One app. I mean, Dear Lord...that one is just HORRID! You don't even get access to a lot of their features (like condenced games) and there is no way to hide the scores of previous games so if you are trying to watch a west coast game the next day...you have to know the final before you watch.

That is weird...but could be something to do with your phone's clock? Maybe your time reads correctly but it is set at the wrong timezone or something?

Yeah, the premature toasts can be annoying. I think it is because they are synced to the play-by-play, but the video has a time delay. As you noted, though, it can be either too soon or way too late!

I've also noticed the radio cut out more consistently since I downloaded the 8.1 preview--sometimes within a minute or two but then it will play uninterrupted for a half hour.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
anyone got any word on an update??

i know this thread is about WP, but my Xbox One just received an update. I can now hide the scores (was one of my chief complaints, having to know the score before you watched a game from yesterday) AND when you are selecting a game in progress you can go to "LIVE" or "BEGINNING"

There are WAY more people on WP8 than on Xbox One so....hope is out there for an update, haha.

ret18057

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Praise Buddha!

Dear MLB.com Mobile User,

We appreciate your patience and wanted to inform you that At Bat 14 v2.1 has been released to the Windows Phone store. This release includes stability and audio/video performance enhancements that may resolve the behavior you were experiencing with your Nokia Icon device.

If you continue to experience issues after updating to the new version, please reply to this e-mail or contact Customer Service at 866-800-1275 (US) or 512-434-1542 (International).

Sincerely,
MLB.com Customer Service

ret18057

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
New "update" is worse than the old app. Well, almost. I can stream the audio pretty well, but video flat out does not work on cellular data. I get an error message over and over...

I am about ready to ditch this, I am so tired of making compromises on apps. Sticking with WP is like being a bit of a masochist...

the_coolestnerd

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Note: T-Mobile customers get a free version of the $19.99 subscription all season BUT ONLY if you have a iOS or Android device. It blatantly says not available for Windows Phone or even Blackberry devices. Smh sometimes I wonder if waiting for WP to get the same treatment as those other two is worth staying with the platform after 3 years now. Sigh 😔

ret18057

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
No, it isn't. Now I get a "blackout restriction" for any game I try and watch over cellular data.

I've had it. WP can be the greatest OS in the world, but I'm tired of broke deek apps, non existent apps and workaround apps.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Note: T-Mobile customers get a free version of the $19.99 subscription all season BUT ONLY if you have a iOS or Android device. It blatantly says not available for Windows Phone or even Blackberry devices. Smh sometimes I wonder if waiting for WP to get the same treatment as those other two is worth staying with the platform after 3 years now. Sigh ��

If what you are saying is correct, that is a T-Mobile issue and you should bring it up with them. I am on ATT and I paid nothing for At Bat this year.

the_coolestnerd

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
If what you are saying is correct, that is a T-Mobile issue and you should bring it up with them. I am on ATT and I paid nothing for At Bat this year.

Yes the app iitself is free of course, but only the iDevices and Androids get the free access to the $20 subscription service which I have a problem with. It really makes little sense to place a "ban" on equally capable devices unless you really don't want those to sell

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes the app iitself is free of course, but only the iDevices and Androids get the free access to the $20 subscription service which I have a problem with. It really makes little sense to place a "ban" on equally capable devices unless you really don't want those to sell

I guess I'm not sure I understand then. The $19.99 subscription is waived on all devices if you have a premium subscription to mlb.tv. Are you saying that T-Mobile is giving a free mobile subscription even if you don't have a subscription to mlb.tv?

Edit- I found the promotion from T-Mobile and, as I suspected, it is a T-Mobile problem. It's too bad that they exclude WP from the promotion for no apparent reason. I would send them an e-mail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb