Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers is now live

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Windows_Phone_81_Download.jpg

It?s finally here. Windows Phone 8.1 is now available to download for those in the Preview for Developers program. Windows Phone 8.1 is the next big version of Windows Phone that introduces new features like voice assistant Cortana, a notification center, automatic app updates, VPN support and much more.
Even if you?re not really a developer you can join the Preview for Developers to get Windows Phone 8.1 today. Every handset running Windows Phone 8 in the wild now is capable of the upgrade. Here?s how to get Window Phone 8.1.

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I am getting a bit worried now. My 1020 is stuck on the spinning gears for nearly an hour now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

oakworth

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Just downloaded a small update but over 3g,after install my version is 8.0105. Just checked and there's another download waiting so will wait to get WiFi before then

vanadiumxero

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
My 920 has been the same way with the handful of updates it's gone through (currently stuck on spinning gears with about 5% on the progress bar for about 30 minutes myself). I worried about this the first time or two as well, but it's always eventually completed, so I've learned to just be patient and give it time. Some updates have taken mine 90 minutes or more. Really strange that several other guys at the office have the exact same phone, yet theirs always updates quickly.

valentin nikolli

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Why couldnt open the install, I download the update and when i install he said couldnt open ( 8007000d ) please help me, is the problem in my phone or is the problem from microsoft, thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism