05-30-2014 06:50 PM
286 ... 56789 ...
tools
    The battery seams the same to me, but I wasn't really having issues. I mean I was but not because of 8.1 but because my 920 is old now. Some apps seem to be better now.
    05-14-2014 08:23 PM
    Is it me or is Facebook actually opening much faster than before? Seriously I do not recall that specific app to open so fast.
    it seems that Microsoft has changed the behavior of the back button for FB. for me using FB beta, backing out of the app apparently doesn't close it but just tombstone it so when I tap the tile again it goes directly back to where I was.
    This should addresses complains that the FB in the people hub integration was faster than opening app.

this behavior only exists if you back out of the app. if you long press back and closes the app in the app switcher then the next time the app starts there will be the same blue facebook initial screen.
    so for the best experience don't close fb, just back out of it.
    05-14-2014 08:36 PM
    Updated...!!
    Seems Faster And smooth...
    Touch is improved...didn't find anything new on battery performance
    05-14-2014 08:53 PM
    I wad really hoping they would have cleaned up Cortanas voice on the phone end. They cleaned the back end for stuff from the internet an witty responses, but contact names still sound robotic in this update.
    05-14-2014 09:18 PM
    My battery went from very good to very bad. I really hope it turns around or I'll be wiping it back to stock which I'd really rather not have to do. I'm not noticing any big benefits to this update. I hope others are getting some.
    05-14-2014 09:21 PM
    I wad really hoping they would have cleaned up Cortanas voice on the phone end. They cleaned the back end for stuff from the internet an witty responses, but contact names still sound robotic in this update.
    That's because those use the regular Tell Me voice. I hope they replace those with Jen Taylor's to have a complete Cortana vocabulary eventually.
    codynunes likes this.
    05-14-2014 10:15 PM
    it seems that Microsoft has changed the behavior of the back button for FB. for me using FB beta, backing out of the app apparently doesn't close it but just tombstone it so when I tap the tile again it goes directly back to where I was.
    This should addresses complains that the FB in the people hub integration was faster than opening app.

this behavior only exists if you back out of the app. if you long press back and closes the app in the app switcher then the next time the app starts there will be the same blue facebook initial screen.
    i thought that in 8.1 pressing back in ANY app tombstoned it ? They had done something like RT to it.
    How does this implementation work ? Annoyed or good ? (am yet to update)
    05-14-2014 10:18 PM
    My battery went from very good to very bad. I really hope it turns around or I'll be wiping it back to stock which I'd really rather not have to do. I'm not noticing any big benefits to this update. I hope others are getting some.
    Dude calm down, give it some days to have a better judgement, battery life is likely to suck after any update only because users like to play a lot with the device to see the new stuff, when users go back to normal usage then is when you measure the battery life...
    05-14-2014 10:42 PM
    Is it only me of the separation between icons seems a little thicker now?
    Cryio likes this.
    05-14-2014 10:42 PM
    Lumia Icon users, please let us know if this update fixes the screen wake/power button delay issue and the overheating/battery drain issue.
    Only the battery issue for me.
    05-14-2014 10:56 PM
    Only the battery issue for me.
    Battery was already pretty good for me, tbh. This made it better.

We need double tap to wake!
    James8561 and aximtreo like this.
    05-14-2014 11:21 PM

is that the icon ? Doesn't the icon/930 have double tap to wake ? I think the 930 is rumoured to have it.. (sorry for offtopic, but its important for me to know, even my 520 has it)
    05-14-2014 11:23 PM

Facebook (non beta) behaves like that prior to the 8.1 update.
    05-14-2014 11:29 PM
    After this update I lost all my progress on Royal Revolt 2 :(
    05-14-2014 11:40 PM

Double tap to wake is in the OS, but requires Glance, which is not available in the Lumia Icon (or the Lumia 930) due to hardware issues with the AMOLED screen chosen for these devices (MS/Nokia chose a cheaper screen that is missing display memory).
    05-15-2014 12:07 AM
    Internet Explorer tabs seem to refresh less. But I could be wrong.
    05-15-2014 01:07 AM
    Dude calm down, give it some days to have a better judgement, battery life is likely to suck after any update only because users like to play a lot with the device to see the new stuff, when users go back to normal usage then is when you measure the battery life...
    Naw, I know my icon and can tell when it changes from great battery life to being an issue. It was draining and hot while sitting idle and in sleep mode after I installed the update. After numerous soft resets and no change I've hard reset and all seems good again. Feels kinda nice clearing out some of the cobwebs also. Funny how going from 8 to 8.1 didn't faze it. Then this little minor update thing blows my battery out of the water. Weird.
    05-15-2014 01:12 AM
    Now that you mentioned it, they seem slightly different
    05-15-2014 01:20 AM
    Did Cortana pick up any updates with this service pack?
    05-15-2014 01:27 AM
    Did Cortana pick up any updates with this service pack?
    Cortana gets updates on the server side usually, hardly ever on the app side, which thankfully shouldn't need an OS update. :)
    Jcmg62 likes this.
    05-15-2014 01:30 AM
    I hope people understand that after the update, the OS has to reinstall a bunch of apps. This takes a while and works your phone, so the battery isn't going to do great at first. Also, as with any new OS's, people are checking it out more than they would because you are doing your normal stuff and also exploring to see what's new. You cannot judge battery life until a few days have gone by, and if it's a big update like the original 8.1, a few weeks!
    05-15-2014 01:34 AM
    It seems to me that this is the case. Space between tiles is larger now. And this means smaller tiles...
    Does anyone have a screenshot previous to update to compare?
    05-15-2014 02:21 AM
    I haven't updated yet, I'll have a screenshot up in a moment for you to compare
    Scopes64 likes this.
    05-15-2014 02:34 AM
    Didn't fix the quick audio burst at end (0.00) of audio tracks. Idk if everyone has this but some of us do. It's system wide for audio, not just Xbox music.
    I also have this issue with my audio tracks, have you tried hard resetting your phone? I was thinking of doing it but I am unsure if it would do the trick
    05-15-2014 02:50 AM
    wp_ss_20140507_0006.jpgwp_ss_20140515_0003.jpg

Looks the same, perhaps a pixel smaller in the gaps now.
    05-15-2014 02:56 AM
286 ... 56789 ...