Windows Phone 8.1 picks up first update, improves battery life and squashes bugs

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Didn't fix the quick audio burst at end (0.00) of audio tracks. Idk if everyone has this but some of us do. It's system wide for audio, not just Xbox music.

skstrials

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Windows 8.1 Update 1: No Start Screen Customization Bar?

Okay, I wanted to change up my start screen to take some folders out and add some programs in.

While it is possible for me to search up the program --> right click --> then press "add to start menu", when I right click an icon in start screen to adjust the size, there is no customization bar that used to come up from the bottom.

Basically, when I add a program, I am stuck in the medium square size that the program is added to start screen as a default.

Where did the customization bar go that I used to get when I right click on a start screen icon?

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Where is the thread for the people who said there were not going to be any updates, and the Dev Preview WAS THE FINAL VERSION, and that we were stupid for even suggesting otherwise?

I want to hang out with those idiots.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Still got the WiFi crashing, reboot, and slow wake if the WIFI is left on,

JC - You're on an 8XT as well correct?

I am as well, and I'm fixed. No more unresponsive power button for me when connected to my secure work WiFi. I'll keep testing, but so far, (and its only been 10 mins...), but its turned on every time I've asked it to. I would have locked up and rebooted 5x by now pre-updated update.

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Shoot, so if I update it's goodbye Angry Birds progress (don't judge).

Don't make a decision from what I said since what I said wasn't an answer for your question. However, from what I've read the apps will only re-install if you have them installed on an SD card. Best wait for someone else to report back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo