Windows Phone 8.1 picks up first update, improves battery life and squashes bugs

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Where is the thread for the people who said there were not going to be any updates, and the Dev Preview WAS THE FINAL VERSION, and that we were stupid for even suggesting otherwise?

I want to hang out with those idiots.

That was the pre final version before this final version that we will get an even more final version after this last final version, so everyone keep calm as we enjoy this final version waiting for the next one.

book1245

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Don't make a decision from what I said since what I said wasn't an answer for your question. However, from what I've read the apps will only re-install if you have them installed on an SD card. Best wait for someone else to report back.

I'll wait for more replies then. Knowing that none of my games have gotten any 8.1 updates, I figured that with the apps reinstalling it would erase all the data. But if they're only reinstalling if they're on the SD Card, well, that's worth waiting to hear more.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
This update just broke the screen sharing app! When I plug in my phone, no notification asking me whether I want to project my screen! What to do :'(

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Updated and charging my phone, haven't touched my phone after it rebooted after the migration. Not going to troll my phone and drain the battery like a sieve, as it is going to take a few days to see if there have been any improvements in terms of battery life. Has been lasting at most 22 hours and has been extremely sporadic for the past few days. This update really came at the right time :D was on the verge of a hard reset lol.

HAMEDACC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I just updated But don't see any Bold Changes
Could u share your changes, so I can test them
thanks
(I found Action Center more smooth)

Last edited:

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
This update just broke the screen sharing app! When I plug in my phone, no notification asking me whether I want to project my screen! What to do :'(

It works for me.

There was the possibility to enter advanced options under "project my screen" section prior this update ?
I couldn't remember the possibility to select the color of the dot when clicking on the projection or the default alignment.
Now It even indicates the PC name that I am projecting my phone to ...

Am I wrong ?

EDIT : apparently I am wrong, this was already possible but I was not aware of it

fonix232

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Don't you guys realize there's no "final" software ever? There's release version, then there are updates, then there's a new release that incorporates all updates, and so on. So please STOP ********. The release version is ready, we'll get it soon officially, and until then MS is free to patch up whatever they want to. No update will change the fact that the current status of the software is marked "ready to release".

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Don't you guys realize there's no "final" software ever? There's release version, then there are updates, then there's a new release that incorporates all updates, and so on. So please STOP ********. The release version is ready, we'll get it soon officially, and until then MS is free to patch up whatever they want to. No update will change the fact that the current status of the software is marked "ready to release".

seems final

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb