Windows Phone 8.1 picks up first update, improves battery life and squashes bugs

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Yes it does and a big change that I saw was before when selecting a specific contact and trying r to view their Facebook update in the people hub it was really slow!!! Now it is fast!!!!

CowardlyLions

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
8xt is still having issues when connected to WiFi. It hasn't crashed yet, but it's still incredibly slow to respond when unlocking and the WiFi menu will lose almost all functionality. I can toggle WiFi Sense on and off, but WiFi is stuck.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
People --> Add acccount --> Facebook -->
click on sync now. It works properly now unlike before when it used to give an error "We are unable to sync right now. Please try after sometime." :)

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Where is the thread for the people who said there were not going to be any updates, and the Dev Preview WAS THE FINAL VERSION, and that we were stupid for even suggesting otherwise?

I want to hang out with those idiots.

The problem was idiots thinking that "dev preview" meant it was only a preview of Beta software, and not a RTM version.

Even in past threads I have said sure there will probably be updates, but the 8.1 build they pushed was ready for primetime. There was even a sticky thread on these forums that said so.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your ignorance. Have a good day.

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
The problem was idiots thinking that "dev preview" meant it was only a preview of Beta software, and not a RTM version.

Even in past threads I have said sure there will probably be updates, but the 8.1 build they pushed was ready for primetime. There was even a sticky thread on these forums that said so.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your ignorance. Have a good day.

It must be hard to admit you were wrong, isn't it ?

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Having issues since the update to the 8.1 update. I always used to experience a flash of the screen, like a jolt with text or a flash on the background. Sine today's update it flashes much more often. I have a trivia app that now has it very frequently. Happens virtually every time I scroll. Anyone else?

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Where is the thread for the people who said there were not going to be any updates, and the Dev Preview WAS THE FINAL VERSION, and that we were stupid for even suggesting otherwise?

I want to hang out with those idiots.

Don't worry, I think every thread in the forum will soon become the 'thread for the people who said this was final'

It will be even funnier now that the 'final rtm version' will be final as mush as something that won't ever be experienced by a user that didn't subscribe for Developer Preview

book1245

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm that you don't need to have the back up enabled (I don't have it). I just beat my temple run score before the update and I didn't lose it.
Happy update!

Phew, just got my phone back up and running from the update, and game data has remained. Thanks for the confirmation!

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed some of the animations, typically for the People and Office hubs are now WP8 style instead. Has anyone else noticed that?

Elvis7

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Nope, didn't fix the bug with the ringtone resetting to the default ringtone (over the horizon) when the phone is restarted, soft reset or crashes... ativ s

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb