Windows Phone 8.1 picks up first update, improves battery life and squashes bugs

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed another bug, tapping on the Wi-Fi icon in the action centre to turn off Wi-Fi takes me to the Wi-Fi settings page, instead of turning it off directly, anyone else got this problem?

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed another bug, tapping on the Wi-Fi icon in the action centre to turn off Wi-Fi takes me to the Wi-Fi settings page, instead of turning it off directly, anyone else got this problem?

It has been like that.

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
It always been like that. You can only turn on just tapping on it

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

AFAIK that's by design, it does it for me as well on my ATIV S.

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
There's a very small noticeable lag when closing camera and it still lags like it did in original wp8.1 when closing IE to start screen. Haven't tried any other apps.

Other than that, a lot of other stuff seems faster.

PS, if anybody would 512 MB RAM device could confirm if IE and camera closing lags for them too, it would be great.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Ativ S camera still buggy, guess we'll have to wait for Samsung drivers. So far everything else works fine.

Yes. I think we're stuck with the camera glitch until firmware update. The scrolling seems smoother now on my ativ s. Going to turn some background stuff back on and see how it goes with the battery, though after a week on the initial dev preview, the battery was decent.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Start button lag from wake up is still there on my icon. Leaving WiFi off solves it tho so no biggie, although be nice if this had fixed it. Maybe battery is better, although was not bad after 8.1 anyway. Haven't really noticed anything else seems kinda ho hum to me. Be watching the battery .

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Start button lag from wake up is still there on my icon. Leaving WiFi off solves it tho so no biggie, although be nice if this had fixed it. Maybe battery is better, although was not bad after 8.1 anyway. Haven't really noticed anything else seems kinda ho hum to me. Be watching the battery .

How long have you had 8.1 and do you have the Cortana tile pinned? Just curious b/c you said you haven't seen any battery problems. I also have an Icon and I started seeing seeing rapid unexplained battery drains after a week or so. Did a hard reset and saw the same thing so I ended up going back to 8. A few posts in another discussion say unpinning Cortana helped. I didn't try that before reverting so it'd be good to know what's on Icon owners start screens if they're not having battery problems.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Good work Microsoft and the WP8 team! This is how it ought to be!

Is anyone else thinking about doing a hard reset without recalling settings after finishing the update as to get a completely clean slate?

I do that after the official release. Don't want to reset my phone after every little update. If there are no problems, where is the point...

IsYet

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
Anyway to force the update? My 1520 says it's up to date and won't start the update process. Stuck on .845. My 1020 updated fine.
Update:
The update installed after reinstalling Developer Preview.

Last edited:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Had to soft reset me 925 after the update.

Wi-Fi symbol showed zero, yet I was still connected.
Little battery icon (upper right) wouldn't show connected when plugged in.

polomint

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone noticed a new app called Diagnostics? Ive updated both my L920 and L520, and the L920 has a new app called Diagnostics installed :-/
Its a Microsoft app. Ive never noticed it before.
The 520 doesn't have it installed.

Any ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720