Windows Phone 8.1 picks up first update, improves battery life and squashes bugs

misterff1

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
This update fixed the error on preparing install. I finally have it now and it works perfectly. Two minor issues: SD card is not recognized unless you pull it out and put it back in. Second 'issue' is that when you enter your SIM code, it hangs for a moment after confirming.

gohilurvish

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
There's a very small noticeable lag when closing camera and it still lags like it did in original wp8.1 when closing IE to start screen. Haven't tried any other apps.

Other than that, a lot of other stuff seems faster.

PS, if anybody would 512 MB RAM device could confirm if IE and camera closing lags for them too, it would be great.

Nah. All cool on L720.

gohilurvish

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I started a new thread on the update but "azcruz" told me that there is already one.
Gone through 8 pages and found nothing but timepass.

Thinking to make the other thread active again. But keeping that apart,

-Action Center scroll down is less/no stuttering now.
-A few apps resumes a lot faster. (I do it for whatsapp a lot so noticed it instantly)
-Battery on my Lumia720 has always been same since WP8. Good 30-36hrs with 2G always on.

Blake Currall

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
After updating to the latest version, my twitter beta app no longer works and after uninstalling it and installing the standard twitter app, I have no twitter integration in the Me or People hubs, only shows Facebook and LinkedIn, anyone else having this issue? Have done a soft reset and get twitter notifications, just can't get any twitter details when I click on people in the people hub

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
After updating to the latest version, my twitter beta app no longer works and after uninstalling it and installing the standard twitter app, I have no twitter integration in the Me or People hubs, only shows Facebook and LinkedIn, anyone else having this issue? Have done a soft reset and get twitter notifications, just can't get any twitter details when I click on people in the people hub

Add Twitter from email and accounts.

Jeannuel

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I have lost like 20% in 3-4 hours listening music, using Twitter, FB, WhatsApp, FB Messenger, sometimes viewing videos in MetroTube. All these things without turning off the screen. Im happy with this.

Using a Nokia Lumia 520, all running perfectly. I noticed that apps resumes faster and apps like WhatsApp are much more faster. The performance feels more solid.

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Any news on how it performs on a Samsung Ativ S I8750?

8.1 drained my Ativ S battery at 30% per hour and had a bootloop issue.

Thanks

My ATIV S is a T899M, and there is zero battery difference. No bugs fixed, etc. I'm not sure what this update did, but everything is the same. Which is a good thing as I'd rather it be the same than introduce new issues.

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Still got the WiFi crashing, reboot, and slow wake if the WIFI is left on,

I'm not seeing any of those on my 1520. Which device are you using. You may just need a hard reset to get a fresh start. After I did a hard reset with 8.1 my battery life went way up and glance notifications started working.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro