Windows Phone 8.1 picks up first update, improves battery life and squashes bugs

prateekj1993

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Adobe PDF reader constantly crashes on startup. Also Pocket File Manager strangely only lists local storage in the sections- the phone and sd card options are missing but they do show up in other file explorers like FileEx. Anybody else facing this?

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Adobe Reader is broken with the new update. Anyone else? I uninstalled and reinstalled. Adobe Reader is part of my daily life. Help!

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I had your issues after the recent update. I did numerous soft resets and no difference. Finally did the hard reset and BIG difference. Back to normal and possibly even better than it was, time will tell.
I also had similar issues after first installing the Developer Preview (original). I did a hard reset and have not experienced them again, and, with the new update, I believe I see battery improvement and what I would call "increased smoothness" related to transitions from screen to screen.

shielah

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I think my battery life has been worse on my 920 since the update, had to plug in twice today and only some phone talk, WP central, email, ECT... Took me a few weeks from first 8.1 install before my better life finally leveled out and nothing running in background and loc services off...
I should not have to charge it twice a day...

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I think my battery life has been worse on my 920 since the update, had to plug in twice today and only some phone talk, WP central, email, ECT... Took me a few weeks from first 8.1 install before my better life finally leveled out and nothing running in background and loc services off...
I should not have to charge it twice a day...
Maybe double check what apps are allowed to run in the background.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I guess battery will take few cycles to settle dwn...thou iam getting lazy to hard reset the phone....thou iam getting good battery life...medium use 22 hrs...now I will check. ..but the diff between 8 and 8.1 was that battery drained much faster in use in 8.1 than 8....hope this new update will fix it

sent from Lumia 1020 or Note 3 dual sim

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Only battery saver....i keep it all of because of the poor life.. No sounds or vibrate either, though Wi-Fi always at home...IDK frustrating

I've read somewhere that the app battery saver was the culprit. I tried it myself and saw a difference. Just try it and disable this app to work in the background. It will still manage to keep the info as to which app uses the battery but it won't constantly run in the background.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster