Lumia Cyan update said to improve low-light performace on Lumia Icon, 1520 and 930

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Lumia_Icon_camera.jpg

In an ongoing Q&A from Nokia's camera gurus, Juha Alakarhu and Eero Salmelin, who are now with Microsoft, information regarding what users should expect from the Lumia Cyan update has been revealed. The question answered dealt with photography, and specifically Nokia's latest high end Windows Phones, including the Verizon Lumia Icon, Lumia 930 and Lumia 1520.
Juha Alakarhu took to the query and revealed precisely what would be improved with the forthcoming firmware refresh, bundled with the Windows Phone 8.1 update.

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

vassilis1924

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
It is nice to see that improvements are on their way for SOME devices.
But it's frustrating that they completely ignored the older PureView devices like the 1020, 925 and 920.
Specifically we didn't ask anything crazy.. We just asked them to fix that yellowish-greenish ****TY color that the images get when they are saved.

Someone did ask the question and they never really answer. Or if you read between the lines, the said "NO! No fixes for these devices"

CYAN.png

I am a fan of NOKIA for years. And loved the camera on my N8. I kind of like the camera on my L925, but when it gives those ugly results, I wish I never bought it.

Honestly, if this is true and there is no fix for these devices, then for the first time my next phone will NOT be a NOKIA(Microsoft).

anon(8776042)

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Same here, I love my 925, I came from Android and I don't want to go back...
The only thing I ask is that they fix the low light noise in videos, which is inacceptable, reduce the post processing, and remove this yellow tint...

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Meh, lets not be all doom and gloom until it releases. They could just be touting their new devices for marketing and sales.

vassilis1924

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Blacklac, showing that you continue to support your older devices is pretty good marketing, too.
Personally I wouldn't buy a new device (especially a flagship one) if I knew that I will be forgotten in a few months.

Yes of course we don't complain yet. But the facts until now are not very hopeful.

I do hope that we get those fixes. And I will be an even bigger fan of them, then. Buy if not I will say goodbye (not to WP essentially but certainly to "Nokia" Lumia)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett