03-18-2015 03:42 AM
146 12345 ...
tools
    I would really hate it if he was just trolling us and this thing he was talking about was actually nowhere near as big as it sounded.
    06-30-2014 06:38 AM
    Couldn't this all just be Microsoft employee/fan enthusiasm induced exaggeration though?
    Yeah, it could be. Or a major fan of 3D touch or Kinect fan.
    Last edited by psudotechzealot; 06-30-2014 at 07:24 AM.
    sd173 likes this.
    06-30-2014 06:59 AM
    I think the merging of RT and WP will signal the true beginning of the PC in your pocket, yes, they will bring back the pocket PC, but in a new way. Running full RT/WP on a phone, that has a true docking solution. Maybe even have Atom processor running full Windows9 in the phone. Connect the phone to a charging dock/monitor, and full blown desktop windows pops up. You can choose in the store which version of apps you want, phone, tablet, or PC version
    06-30-2014 07:01 AM
    Wait, Why is he saying this in Chris Pirrillo live stream? Chris Pirrillo is not fan of Windows Phone.
    06-30-2014 07:21 AM
    Hmmm... Just like blackberry then .
    Just like. I have the email management and keyboard I like the best without the app gap. Best for Windows to do the same thing rather than fighting the flood of Android competitors.

Posted via the WPC App for Android! on BlackBerry Z30
    06-30-2014 07:22 AM
    In post #7 I said Windows will run Android apps. I want to amend that prediction:

All Windows devices will run both WP and Android apps.

MS will also announce their own curated Android app store, but WP will also directly connect to the AOSP stores popular in Russia, Asia and Eastern Europe, meaning those customers won't have to pay again for the Android apps they already bought on their Android devices.

Android apps will be binary compatible, meaning they will not require recompilation or repackaging as they do on BB. So, if you've got a pirated Android app, you can side load it and it will run on WP.

There, that is my full prediction.
    BobLobIaw and Blu3V3nom07 like this.
    06-30-2014 08:04 AM
    It'll be groundbreaking, revolutionary, unique to WP........then we'll share it with IOS and Android

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums
    06-30-2014 08:13 AM
    In post #7 I said Windows will run Android apps. I want to amend that prediction:

All Windows devices will run both WP and Android apps.

MS will also announce their own curated Android app store, but WP will also directly connect to the AOSP stores popular in Russia, Asia and Eastern Europe, meaning those customers won't have to pay again for the Android apps they already bought on their Android devices.

Android apps will be binary compatible, meaning they will not require recompilation or repackaging as they do on BB. So, if you've got a pirated Android app, you can side load it and it will run on WP.

There, that is my full prediction.
    You don't have to recompile or repackage on BlackBerry 10. All you need is Amazon App Market or Snap (Google Play) and it will automatically install straight from the device. No side loading required. Hence BlackBerry licensing/pre-installing Amazon App Market on new BB10 devices, and the next OS update.

Posted via the WPC App for Android! on BlackBerry Z30
    06-30-2014 08:26 AM
    I have never seen so many masochists begging for pain. I've got an idea, why don't we all wait and see what's coming when MS issues a presser. No guessing, no wishing, no nothing.
    sd173 likes this.
    06-30-2014 08:33 AM
    I have never seen so many masochists begging for pain. I've got an idea, why don't we all wait and see what's coming when MS issues a presser. No guessing, no wishing, no nothing.
    Good idea! But surmising is fun. Let me try:

It'll be implemented 6 months after it's announced, and then it'll turn out to be a half baked solution that kind of works. Soon after its release on WP, Apple and/or Google will take it and turn it into a technological masterpiece.

There, that's my prediction!
    Andrew Gordon likes this.
    06-30-2014 08:45 AM
    You don't have to recompile or repackage on BlackBerry 10.
    Ok. I admit I'm not up to snuff on the state of BB. Repackaging was a requirement for a long time. Let's just say that wouldn't do.
    06-30-2014 08:53 AM
    Half Life 4 confirmed
    Dadstar0410 likes this.
    06-30-2014 08:55 AM
    Bet your fun at party's !

My guess... A working and useable music player in the Os or a 3D screen that does not need glasses
    sd173 likes this.
    06-30-2014 08:57 AM
    It'll be implemented 6 months after it's announced, and then it'll turn out to be a half baked solution that kind of works. Soon after its release on WP, Apple and/or Google will take it and turn it into a technological masterpiece.
    This seems overly optimistic. I'd have expected you to say MS will launch it on iOS/Android first! You must be having a really good day! ;-)
    Lumiamike and sd173 like this.
    06-30-2014 09:02 AM
    This seems overly optimistic. I'd have expected you to say MS will launch it on iOS/Android first! You must be having a really good day! ;-)
    +720 ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…
    a5cent likes this.
    06-30-2014 09:04 AM
    or a 3D screen that does not need glasses
    That would destroy the market for one of the recently launched iPad accessories. ;-)

Not that I'd have a problem with that. Just saying...
    sd173 likes this.
    06-30-2014 09:05 AM
    That would destroy the market for one of the recently launched iPad accessories. ;-)

Not that I'd have a problem with that. Just saying...
    Not the itendo 3d addon lol
    a5cent likes this.
    06-30-2014 09:08 AM
    I think with the recent release of the Nokia X phones and their forked version of android, with all their MS apps and services, Windows Phones running android apps may not be too far fetched of a guess.
    BobLobIaw likes this.
    06-30-2014 09:09 AM
    I think with the recent release of the Nokia X phones and their forked version of android, with all their MS apps and services, Windows Phones running android apps may not be too far fetched of a guess.
    Time to find a virus scanner for Wp me thinks if true... I really hope they don't let that crap in
    Susmit257 and sd173 like this.
    06-30-2014 09:12 AM
    Yeah I gave Microsoft the benefit of the doubt. ๐Ÿ˜‡
    a5cent and sd173 like this.
    06-30-2014 09:18 AM
    wp apps will run on android?
    06-30-2014 09:52 AM
    wp apps will run on android?

I cannot think of a single reason, far-fetched or not, for this! Which means that it's definitely possible...
    sd173 and ohgood like this.
    06-30-2014 10:10 AM
    I think MS will launch Visual malware studio.

Exclusively on Android and iOS.

That would certainly upset a few people.
    ohgood and Susmit257 like this.
    06-30-2014 10:32 AM
    Maybe the question that should be asked is when has Microsoft ever lived up to the hype they tout? Judging by the state of WP, Xbox one and Windows 8 I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything remotely as "upsetting" as they are trying to promote.
    Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
    sd173 likes this.
    06-30-2014 10:42 AM
    I cannot think of a single reason, far-fetched or not, for this! Which means that it's definitely possible...
    I can help out with that one...

It would be the fastest way to bring 'material-styled' apps to Android ;-)
    tgp likes this.
    06-30-2014 12:04 PM
146 12345 ...