Wait for it...something major is coming to Windows Phone!

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I think the biggest part of the hint was when he said "we can do that?!"
Another part of the hint is "across everything"... That's why my wishful thinking could only speculate they're gonna release some version of Windows Phone to load in Android devices and maybe they've even found a way for iPhones (jailbroken or not). Of course they'd have to release a desktop program to use for this feature. Think about it, Android devices can be flashed with custom roms, why not a variant of WP? "We can do that?!?"

Also, MSFT is keen on getting people on board to use their services, that's where they expect money to flow from. Not to mention, they're practically giving away WP for free, they might as well release it "into the wild." MSFT is a corporation, a for profit entity, this 'surprising move' must be financially motivated for the bigwigs to approve. They already have apps for their services for iOS and Android. If people are interested in having full integration of these services with their OS (hello Cortana, OneDrive, XBOX), they can flash a WP rom into their device. Of course this requires MSFT to focus development of their services integrated with WP... Something a lot of us here have had gripes with.

Such a move would upset Android and Apple. Apple won't release iOS out there. Android, it's out there but being open source and very customizable, at the expense of security, is too fragmented. WP, if released properly and 'curated' by MSFT would be great as a unified, secure OS for ARM devices.... That's like taking a page from the success of Windows in PCs, it can be installed in machines meeting minimum requirements. That would "upset the world across everything."

Opening WP to run Android/iOS apps would be a terrible idea. That would lose MSFT their app developers, not just for WP but for the ecosystem... PCs, XBOX and their planned system for the internet of everything. Why keep the devices and services division when you can't pull in developers?

A big downside to this idea would be a bloated Windows Phone/RT to accommodate compatibility. Although, if the flashing can be implemented to smartly respond to a connected device, maybe it can avoid that.

But then again, this is all wishful thinking... Pure speculation. They might as well spill it out so we'll be done with it. Oh I hate it when companies tease and then make us wait...

Sorry, can't sleep yet. TL,DR? I just said: WP for loading in any phone.

Last edited:

Susmit257

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
and as we all know, there are so many android apps contain spam and viruses ,,, i know windows phones are virus protected but still would you like to have an android app with spam or virus in your wp devices ???
No matter whats going to happen, , i dnt care about the app gap, i trust on wp app developers, and i'll always stick to wp apps...

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
The only thing in my mind that will be exciting and yet, upset few people will be the ability to run Android and iOS apps.... That's it.

itshimanshu

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I guess fastlane feature and some API that will allow developer's applications to communicate with os more than before,are coming to windows phone.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Another part of the hint is "across everything"... That's why my wishful thinking could only speculate they're gonna release some version of Windows Phone to load in Android devices and maybe they've even found a way for iPhones (jailbroken or not). Of course they'd have to release a desktop program to use for this feature. Think about it, Android devices can be flashed with custom roms, why not a variant of WP? "We can do that?!?"

Also, MSFT is keen on getting people on board to use their services, that's where they expect money to flow from. Not to mention, they're practically giving away WP for free, they might as well release it "into the wild." MSFT is a corporation, a for profit entity, this 'surprising move' must be financially motivated for the bigwigs to approve. They already have apps for their services for iOS and Android. If people are interested in having full integration of these services with their OS (hello Cortana, OneDrive, XBOX), they can flash a WP rom into their device. Of course this requires MSFT to focus development of their services integrated with WP... Something a lot of us here have had gripes with.

Such a move would upset Android and Apple. Apple won't release iOS out there. Android, it's out there but being open source and very customizable, at the expense of security, is too fragmented. WP, if released properly and 'curated' by MSFT would be great as a unified, secure OS for ARM devices.... That's like taking a page from the success of Windows in PCs, it can be installed in machines meeting minimum requirements. That would "upset the world across everything."

Opening WP to run Android/iOS apps would be a terrible idea. That would lose MSFT their app developers, not just for WP but for the ecosystem... PCs, XBOX and their planned system for the internet of everything. Why keep the devices and services division when you can't pull in developers?

A big downside to this idea would be a bloated Windows Phone/RT to accommodate compatibility. Although, if the flashing can be implemented to smartly respond to a connected device, maybe it can avoid that.

But then again, this is all wishful thinking... Pure speculation. They might as well spill it out so we'll be done with it. Oh I hate it when companies tease and then make us wait...

Sorry, can't sleep yet. TL,DR? I just said: WP for loading in any phone.

Wow, that makes so much sense that if you worked at MS I'd be convinced that that's what he meant!

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I would really hate it if he was just trolling us and this thing he was talking about was actually nowhere near as big as it sounded.

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I think the merging of RT and WP will signal the true beginning of the PC in your pocket, yes, they will bring back the pocket PC, but in a new way. Running full RT/WP on a phone, that has a true docking solution. Maybe even have Atom processor running full Windows9 in the phone. Connect the phone to a charging dock/monitor, and full blown desktop windows pops up. You can choose in the store which version of apps you want, phone, tablet, or PC version

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm... Just like blackberry then .

Just like. I have the email management and keyboard I like the best without the app gap. Best for Windows to do the same thing rather than fighting the flood of Android competitors.

Posted via the WPC App for Android! on BlackBerry Z30

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
In post #7 I said Windows will run Android apps. I want to amend that prediction:

All Windows devices will run both WP and Android apps.

MS will also announce their own curated Android app store, but WP will also directly connect to the AOSP stores popular in Russia, Asia and Eastern Europe, meaning those customers won't have to pay again for the Android apps they already bought on their Android devices.

Android apps will be binary compatible, meaning they will not require recompilation or repackaging as they do on BB. So, if you've got a pirated Android app, you can side load it and it will run on WP.

There, that is my full prediction.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
It'll be groundbreaking, revolutionary, unique to WP........then we'll share it with IOS and Android

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
In post #7 I said Windows will run Android apps. I want to amend that prediction:

All Windows devices will run both WP and Android apps.

MS will also announce their own curated Android app store, but WP will also directly connect to the AOSP stores popular in Russia, Asia and Eastern Europe, meaning those customers won't have to pay again for the Android apps they already bought on their Android devices.

Android apps will be binary compatible, meaning they will not require recompilation or repackaging as they do on BB. So, if you've got a pirated Android app, you can side load it and it will run on WP.

There, that is my full prediction.

You don't have to recompile or repackage on BlackBerry 10. All you need is Amazon App Market or Snap (Google Play) and it will automatically install straight from the device. No side loading required. Hence BlackBerry licensing/pre-installing Amazon App Market on new BB10 devices, and the next OS update.

Posted via the WPC App for Android! on BlackBerry Z30

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I have never seen so many masochists begging for pain. I've got an idea, why don't we all wait and see what's coming when MS issues a presser. No guessing, no wishing, no nothing.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have never seen so many masochists begging for pain. I've got an idea, why don't we all wait and see what's coming when MS issues a presser. No guessing, no wishing, no nothing.

Good idea! But surmising is fun. Let me try:

It'll be implemented 6 months after it's announced, and then it'll turn out to be a half baked solution that kind of works. Soon after its release on WP, Apple and/or Google will take it and turn it into a technological masterpiece.

There, that's my prediction!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs