Wait for it...something major is coming to Windows Phone!

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Why does it have to be something so "obvious", guys? I rather expect something neither of us has even thought about. It could well be battery related for example. Maybe MS research has found a way to drastically improve battery usage/life. Batteries are the very culprit of every smartphone these days, so that's definitely something I'd love to see improvements on.

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
For something as ground-breaking as a complete Windows merger, a small redesign in how Windows operates to ensure a smoother cross-platform user interface would be simple.

And absolutely, a complete Windows merger (a long shot as far as speculation goes) would take a lot of time and work. But who's to say they haven't worked on it for a long time already?

If this speculation is anywhere near the truth, Threshold would indeed "upset the world across everything".

Check out Engadget, Windows 9 *is* a complete Windows merger, with an adapting UI depending on what hardware you are running. No mention of how they are going to handle ARM/x86 though.

This means there will not be a Windows Phone 9... it will just be Windows 9, on your phone.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You just go buy a Droid we don't want that if we want we don't need to pay for Lumia

I think you misunderstand some bits. Android apps are Java based and are executed in a specific runtime environment. Much like an emulator. If WP were capable of running Android apps in an emulator, it would definitely be a benefit, as those who are interested in apps currently not available for WP were all of a sudden able to download them from Google Play and run them on their Windows Phone. Without all the drawbacks (or benefits for that matter) that Android offers. I still don't think it's gonna come though, at least not now. Unlike WP Android apps have access to pretty much everything. These apps wouldn't be able to run on our devices.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Maybe they'll be giving a decent xbox music app :p
okay..I think I could be 3-d touch!

If it were a decent xbox music app, the guy certainly had said "We can't do that". ;)
You're probable right about the 3D touch thing, even though it wouldn't actually be news as it already has been covered on several tech blogs. But since this was only roughly, MS might still consider it breaking news.

unnatixlr8

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
If it were a decent xbox music app, the guy certainly had said "We can't do that". ;)
You're probable right about the 3D touch thing, even though it wouldn't actually be news as it already has been covered on several tech blogs. But since this was only roughly, MS might still consider it breaking news.

Totally nailed it. ROFL 😂

Microsoft can think of smartwatches, 3d touch and other next gen things. But they can't make a simple decent music app.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

Jonas_H

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
This "major thing" is not necessarily ONE announcement. It's also not necessarily a single product. Think about it that way! :)

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
http://www.windowscentral.com/sites...14/02/Lumia_Icon_Front_Lede.jpg?itok=6vVDsYYs
Details are scarce right now, but we've heard on good authority that there will be a major change to the Windows Phone world. On Chris Pirrillo's LockerGnome live stream, @Barnacules revealed that there will be a big breakthrough for Windows Phone that "will upset the world" without giving any additional details.

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

did someone announce something yet?

while we waited the last 5 days, about 375,555 iPhones and maybe 1.5 million androids were sold, each day...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss