Wait for it...something major is coming to Windows Phone!

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
They are going to fire everyone that has screwed up WP 8 so bad and replace them with robots from Amazon and start over. AGAIN

Sent from my KFTT using Mobile Nations mobile app

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
As all the phones are made in China anyway, Microsoft is being bought by a big firm from China/India and the old Indian CEO will go back home to run it.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Google and Apple are going to combine and buy out Microsoft and BlackBerry and all smart phones will now use an OS called AppDroid and be made in Korea.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Just a little humor as things are getting to serious when you consider we are getting upset about a telephone. The world will not end if something does happen or even if it does not.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
They should just call it Rednecks Who Can't Turn Right. Not a good acronym but it fits.

Sent From An Atrocious Android POS Pretending To Be A Smartphone

Last edited:

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
MS has another SW conference coming up in November.

I think MS will announce a tool chain that allows developers to write a .net WP app which the tools can then automatically translate into an objective C/Java based iOS/Android app.

This would be MS' way of convincing companies to develop for WP. Pay for app development once, but get three.

This approach would be completely free of all the negative side effects that come with allowing Android apps to run on WP, it would help solve WP's biggest problem (the app quality gap), and I think this would very much upset both Google and Apple.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
MS has another SW conference coming up in November.

I think MS will announce a tool chain that allows developers to write a .net WP app which the tools can then automatically translate into an objective C/Java based iOS/Android app.

This would be MS' way of convincing companies to develop for WP. Pay for app development once, but get three.

This approach would be completely free of all the negative side effects that come with allowing Android apps to run on WP, it would help solve WP's biggest problem (the app quality gap), and I think this would very much upset both Google and Apple.

Would that be the SAME interface on all platforms? But that's not great! Apps that aren't made with the OS's design language wouldn't look as nice :(

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Would that be the SAME interface on all platforms? But that's not great! Apps that aren't made with the OS's design language wouldn't look as nice :(

I have no idea. I'm just guessing at what could have been meant. :wink:

Up until very recently there was no unified design language for Android, and what Google has come up with now does look very similar to what WP has had since day one. I think that could be manageable without anyone realising that the Android app was derived from WP. I don't know how well that would work on iOS, but considering iOS doesn't have a lot of guidelines that relate to navigation/interaction either, that seems manageable to me too. I'd have to study this a lot more though to be sure. It's just a hunch.

Anyway, as long as such a technology uses each OSes own UI library to do the actual UI rendering (similar to Java's SWT), I think MS could realize something that offers a great experience on each platform, despite each app being derived/translated from a WP code base. If such apps use their own rendering library, so that UI elements on Android and iOS look identical to WP, then I agree that such an approach is very likely to fail (similar to how Java's Swing has pretty much failed for look&feel and performance reasons).

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans