Wait for it...something major is coming to Windows Phone!

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Up until very recently there was no unified design language for Android

Holo was Androids first real design language, and was first introduced in 3.0 Honeycomb. Google started to really get everyone on board with 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, and now they have Material Design with 5.0

I know you're going to say that Android developers haven't followed a design language, because I keep seeing that comment made here a lot.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
After reading this it reminds me of Samsung. "the next big thing is here" well, maybe next month.

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I know you're going to say that Android developers haven't followed a design language, because I keep seeing that comment made here a lot.

You can see that claim made pretty much anywhere. Not just here. There is no doubt that UI consistency on WP is higher than on any other mobile platform. That's not just a fluke either. WP partially enforces its design language through technical means. For developers, this makes it very easy to design apps that follow the metro design language, and hard to deviate from it.

For iOS and Android the design languages are really just guidelines. Nothing more. Nothing enforces them. It's easy to deviate from them, and many do. Many developers don't even read those guidelines. Apple does tend to reject apps that deviate too far from their vision however. Google doesn't.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
For iOS and Android the design languages are really just guidelines. Nothing more. Nothing enforces them. It's easy to deviate from them, and many do. Many developers don't even read those guidelines. Apple does tend to reject apps that deviate too far from their vision however. Google doesn't.

Apps on the Play Store are really all over the place. Not even the big names follow the Holo design language at all. I don't know if that will change with Material design either (That is kind of a silly name for a design language though lol).

I'm so obsessed with gorgeous looks of Metro that it ain't even funny. Even the presentations I make for class are based on Metro. :D And then everyone keeps asking me how I came up with the idea for those big bold fonts and colours. Haha. MS nailed the design, and I'm glad for it.

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
another part of the hint is "across everything"... That's why my wishful thinking could only speculate they're gonna release some version of windows phone to load in android devices and maybe they've even found a way for iphones (jailbroken or not). Of course they'd have to release a desktop program to use for this feature. Think about it, android devices can be flashed with custom roms, why not a variant of wp? "we can do that?!?"

also, msft is keen on getting people on board to use their services, that's where they expect money to flow from. Not to mention, they're practically giving away wp for free, they might as well release it "into the wild." msft is a corporation, a for profit entity, this 'surprising move' must be financially motivated for the bigwigs to approve. They already have apps for their services for ios and android. If people are interested in having full integration of these services with their os (hello cortana, onedrive, xbox), they can flash a wp rom into their device. Of course this requires msft to focus development of their services integrated with wp... Something a lot of us here have had gripes with.

Such a move would upset android and apple. Apple won't release ios out there. Android, it's out there but being open source and very customizable, at the expense of security, is too fragmented. Wp, if released properly and 'curated' by msft would be great as a unified, secure os for arm devices.... That's like taking a page from the success of windows in pcs, it can be installed in machines meeting minimum requirements. That would "upset the world across everything."

This just happened!!! Woooo! I predicted it!!! http://www.windowscentral.com/micro...ows-android-smartphones-run-windows-10-phones

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea