The WPCentral website may look a little different today

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
WPCentral_Web_30.jpg

It was nearly three years ago that WPCentral.com had a site redesign and in 2014, we figured it is time for another update. Part of the changes you now see on www.wpcentral.com and m.wpcentral.com reflect our goal of bringing the Mobile Nations sites (WPCentral, iMore, Android Central, Connectedly, CrackBerry) more in line in terms of design. Another aspect reflects ongoing changes in how people view websites and what many consider "in" for design.
I should point out that we have a long way to go with this redesign. In other words, we are not doing it all at once, because from experience that can cause many headaches for our developers, writers, and you, our loyal readers. Instead, we are introducing our new header and some new design elements. There is still plenty of tweaking to ahead, so please be patient (many of you use our apps, anyway, which are unaffected by the site change).

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
The new layout is very CNET-esche. Not bad. I do very much like the pop-out options from the navigation menu (upper right by the profile picture). My only comments:

1 - Can we change the purple banner? : /

2 - It would be great if the news article headings at the top also had the comment count. Seeing the comment count bump upon refresh gives an idea of what's trending with members here.

Good job, guys.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss