Flipboard for Windows Phone 8.1 is now available for download

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Flipboard_Windows_Phone_lede.jpg

This morning, the official Flipboard app for Window Phone has gone live in the Store. Previously caught as a private beta, users can now download the popular news magazine app to their Window Phone 8.1 device. Unfortunately, those with 512 MB devices cannot yet get the app due to lack of support.

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Another app that requires more than 512 MB RAM, nice.

Where are all the people that said Windows Phone is the most optimized software for low end devices.

Karthick, Prasanth, Psoham....anyone?

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site

Where are all the people that said Windows Phone is the most optimized software for low end devices.

Windows phone aka THE OS is optimized not the apps. So I think you need to understand that.
If the app doesn't meet the ram requirements,its not the OS's fault. It's the RAM.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
This Flipboard crashed my Lumia for the first time .so it is unoptimised app for wp.They should have put beta.
From Windows phone

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

Not calling for a war, but optimization needs to be done from App side. OS is optimized to run most apps. I can give you an example - there is an app called Scribble and Share. This app restarts OS when saving videos, because its not optimized with OS and killing its memory.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3