Windows One or Windows United: What should be our new name? Vote!

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
WPCentral_App_WP_Lede_Logo.jpg

Today, Microsoft announced the next chapter in their OS story with Windows 10 or better known as one OS to rule them all. The new operating system, which won't officially debut until mid-2015 is meant for everything from a phone to a tablet to PC to even the Xbox One. It is truly a unifying, singular user experience as even the app Store is a one-stop for all devices.
Over the last year or so WPCentral aka Windows Phone Central has been undergoing many behind the scene changes, including more staff writers and an expansion of our coverage from Windows Phone to everything Microsoft. In hindsight, we knew where Microsoft was going with their Phone and desktop OS, so the slow ramp up made sense to us, though perhaps not always to our readership.

There is just one issue we have been thinking about for a long time: Our name.

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

smoheath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I already made a comment on this topic in the comments section, but I figured I would add it here. I really like the idea of just windows central but then I thought it would be cool if were Windows Portal. I feel like it has a nice ring to it. I was overly excited and drew up an idea of what the logo could be like, somewhat inspired by the Cortana logo. I drew it by hand in OneNote so the quality isn't the greatest. But it gets the idea across. What do you think?

utety2uh.png

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I think both names are too linear and will create the same problem windows phone central presented. The issue is you're choosing a product for a name (windows) instead of choosing the company. This site revolves around something bigger than windows. It revolves around Microsoft. It would make more sense to be Microsoft united or Microsoft one than to be windows.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Windows United sounds better than Windows One.

But my other suggestions would be Microsoft Federation (msfederation.com) or Microsoft OneHub (msonehub.com), since everything in this site is generally all about Microsoft.

My other sarcastic suggestion was United States of Microsoft, because you know, pretty much most of MS requires a US account for it to fully utilize their software's features.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon