Weather Flow gains beautiful redesign with version 2.0

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Weather_Flow_V2_Hero.jpg

Weather Flow is one of the oldest and most popular Weather apps on Windows Phone. The last update we covered was in May when the app gained support for transparent Live tiles with Windows Phone 8.1. Today the app is receiving a major update and one you're not going to want to miss.

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

Ivan Hristov

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I love the app but after the update it drains my battery very fast.
wp_ss_20141020_0001.png
The phone was all morning in my pocket just had 3-4 alarms to get up, 1 call (2 min) and 1 email
90% at 7:50 and then at 10:30 its 58% then I disabled the app from background tasks and on the graph you can see how things changed 3 hours on 46%
Also another problem is when I pin the live tile (after 4-5 re-pins it's finally showing some weather info) it refreshes maybe 3-4 time a day and then it stops. When I open the app to refresh from there the live tile is disappearing from home screen and have to re-pin it (again it takes a few tries) just to refresh 3-4 time a day and then the same thing again and again since this update.
And lock screen isn't working. No weather info is showed. Even the image isn't the one I've chosen.
I hope for and update to fix the bugs.
Not sure that I should post this here. And sorry for the bad English.

vitor_canova

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Since this update I started to experience a battery drain. And lock screen frequently stop to update.

Removing both apps from background tasks solve the battery problem.

burntofferingsabove

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
New update is awful.
I wished I had auto update turned off.
The previous version was gorgeous to look at, now it's plain and unimaginative.
I should get a refund really.
Now deleted and looking for another.

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Any way to judge what apps will use what amounts of power and data before puchasing? It seems to me that Weather Bug uses data a lot more than MSN Weather. Is that because of the ads? I have not made a scientific study, just that I noticed my limited data plan was going down faster than usual, and when I looked Weather Bug was my top user--and I have never had MSN Weather show up as a major data drain.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon