Nokia Camera returns to the store, rebranded as Lumia Camera

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
lumia_camera_lede.jpg

Microsoft recently removed the Nokia Camera from the store. Now, sporting new names, both Lumia Camera and Lumia Camera Classic are available for download, but unfortunately there aren't any new features in the latest releases.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I am confused. In the WPC article they say LUMIA CAMERA CLASSIC is the old BETA. And LUMIA CAMERA is the old NOKIA CAMERA.

But i own a 830, so i am supposed to install the CLASSIC version, right? So now i have the BETA installed? I dont like to use Beta versions of any app, i want stable versions!
But if i install the normal LUMIA CAMERA im missing out special features for my 830 (like dynamic flash, if they ever release it...).
Sorry i really dont get it...

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I am confused. In the WPC article they say LUMIA CAMERA CLASSIC is the old BETA. And LUMIA CAMERA is the old NOKIA CAMERA.

But i own a 830, so i am supposed to install the CLASSIC version, right? So now i have the BETA installed? I dont like to use Beta versions of any app, i want stable versions!
But if i install the normal LUMIA CAMERA im missing out special features for my 830 (like dynamic flash, if they ever release it...).
Sorry i really dont get it...

No you don't have the Beta no matter what that article says. Lumia Camera app doesn't mention anything about Denim in the intro in the store Lumia Camera Classic does specifically, and it's not available for all 8 or 8.1 phones no matter if it says " it also works with limited functionality on phones with the Lumia Amber update" I have an 810 with Amber and I get that "This app is not available for your phone" The "new" Lumia Camera promised with Denim ( not yet) will be updated thru Lumia Camera Classic IMO.

Lumia Camera Classic | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos