President Obama wants ISPs to be regulated under net neutrality principles

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
It's about time, but nobody gets credit for words. I'll believe it when I see net neutrality enacted.

For those who don't understand what the fuss is about, I've included a link in my signature that explains it quite well!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'd rather see regulations that guarantee net neutrality than have total government ownership and control.

Government ownership means that they will make the rules about what kind of data comes through the pipes. They can insist on master keys for special access to all data from tech companies. Tech companies can be forced to lower their levels of encryption in order to allow government access to data.

Also that would pretty much guarantee taxes on internet use just like we see with gasoline.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Also that would pretty much guarantee taxes on internet use just like we see with gasoline.

It's already being taxed. Some carriers itemize them in their statements while others, namely prepaids, incorporate them into the price. Same goes for sales taxes. You see Metro POS ads saying $40 period, they even say tell you that fees are included. BTW, "fees" is the 21st century name for taxes.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'll believe it when I see net neutrality enacted.

It'll be more believable if/when the Patriot Act gets rescinded. We'll be living in a Utopian state if/when campaign contributions become illegal. Until then, true Net Neutrality will be just a pipe dream.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs