It's official, Federal Communications Commission Chairman Tom Wheeler wants to reclassify internet service providers as utility providers under the FCC's Title II authority. The move aims to preserve the principles of net neutrality in law, barring ISPs from blocking, throttling, or prioritizing traffic.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...
    02-04-2015 10:42 AM
    Perhaps even Democrats are realizing this is a very bad idea.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/halsinge...et-neutrality/
    02-24-2015 10:53 AM
    Well of course it's a bad idea. Net Neutrality is a good idea, but classifying "internet access" as a utility is just a government rouse at attempted censorship of the net. The FCC has tried it before, and been put down over it. Making the internet a utility would give them the power to do just that.

Also, when they start making standards of what minimum internet speeds should be, all those poor souls who are dependent on dial-up (and about 1/3 of American citizens still are, believe it or not), then they will be losing their service because it doesn't meet the government standards. Internet access will get a lot more expensive for a lot of people. But, who cares if it only hurts the poor people or minorities, right? Well, I do.

I want the net neutrality. I don't want the government to take over the internet to get it. There has to be a better way.
    02-24-2015 12:13 PM