Microsoft confirms that a Windows Phone flagship won't arrive until Windows 10 'is ready'

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Windows-10-Phone-Tile-sizes-People.jpg

At Mobile World Congress, Microsoft launched its latest offerings in the budget segment, the Lumia 640 and the Lumia 640 XL. For those holding out for a flagship device, the Redmond giant announced back in January that a Windows Phone flagship running Windows 10 for phones will arrive sometime in 2015, with no mention of a date. In an interview with The Verge, Microsoft's director of phone marketing Neil Broadley said that a flagship will be available following the launch of Windows 10.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Before MWC ends, can we please get a Windows Central exclusive interview with Mr. Elop and Juha Alakarhu regarding the general vision / goals for future products & especially imaging technology.

Understanding that details can't be given, but more a philosophical discussion about the direction that the ex-Nokia team is heading in with our next flagship device. Discussion about why the Christmas 2014 flagship (I'm suddenly drawing a blank regarding the codename) was aborted would also be cool to hear about.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Same here, my 820 with a 64gb sd card, wireless charging back cover, decent camera, removable battery, duel band wifi, 8.1, camera button, NFC, glance screen etc is doing just fine. In fact if it had a little bigger screen and a bigger battery I would not even be looking at a upgrade. They don't make them like they used too.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I'll be a little bummed come end of July when my upgrade is due and we don't have a new flagship. :/. With AT&T Next, your just wasting money not upgrading. I'll have to get something...

That Note 4 is looking like a top contender...

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I was checking out the note edge but its a tad big for my pants. That's only if Verizon wasn't gonna go forward with windows phones again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss