Microsoft will drop the Internet Explorer brand for its Project Spartan browser

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
windows-10-spartan-bing.jpg

In an expected move, Microsoft will look to drop the Internet Explorer brand altogether for Project Spartan. The new Windows 10 browser will sport a new name, according to Microsoft marketing chief Chris Capossela during the company's Convergence event. Internet Explorer itself isn't going away any-time soon, but the successor will start with a clean slate.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

CapoFantasma97

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
In my opinion, that's the time to completely put away a browser with a bad reputation which doesn't change for people silliness, and go for Spartan.

And hoping it will be called Spartan.

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
There are numerous enterprises that still operate on IE8 -- that is to say employees are not allowed to use anything newer due to IT constraints in their enterprise.

There are many mainstream applications that use IE as their foundation -- Quickbooks (I believe) is one.

Beware of 2nd and 3rd order implications. . .

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Saw this "Spartan" Logo today and it made me both laugh and think of Microsoft. A place I might like to go golfing, if I was a golfer.
SpartanGolfClub.jpg

Can you see it?

anon(9057135)

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I'd love to see IE Gone. Don't get me wrong, IE10 fixed everything, but Spartan will be much faster and with Cortana Integration, Count me the ____ in! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3