Highs and Lows Part I: Are Low-End Windows Phones Hurting Microsoft's Smartphone Brand?

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Lumia_535_hero_Microsoft_Logo.jpg

"Why don't Windows phones have front facing cameras?"
This was the question posed by my 14-year-old niece from the back seat of the car on Easter Sunday. She will soon be the recipient of a Lumia 635 Windows Phone. Good news right? Well, kind of. The device will be passed down to her from my nephew, her 18-year-old brother who after a second brief stint with Windows Phone has returned to team iPhone. So much for family loyalty.
He does leave these parting sentiments in praise of the Windows Phone UI, however. Windows Phone is fast, smooth and never hangs. Yet, he refuses to hang around. So why no selfies with the Lumia 635 for my teenage niece and all those selfie loving types? Well, what happened was...

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

ThermoDust

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
This article got me thinking. What if Microsoft continued with the "Windows Phone; Make it Your Own" by partnering with Fonkraf, the Modular Smartphone? This company would be a wonderful addition to the Make it Your Own idea. It can help target all layers of the phone market with one phone.

ThermoDust

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
And now it also turns out that Fonkraf does like us!

Thank you for your question!

I can inform that we have nothing but respect for Windows Phone and we do have plans somewhere in the future to produce models on Windows Phone, just not right now.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 8:19 PM, wrote:

Hello,
Have you put any thought into also offering an edition with Windows Phone installed? As Microsoft has worked with other manufactures to get their OS onto their Android phones, example being the Xiaomi Mi 4.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb