Plague Inc. infects Windows Phone 8 with strategic epidemic gameplay

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
plague-inc-hero.jpg

Plague Inc. is a wildly popular Android/iOS title, which has been lovingly ported to Windows Phone 8.1.
In Plague Inc. you play as, well, a plague, and your goal is to infect and ultimately wipe out humanity. You do this by evolving symptoms to attack the population and evolving defences against different climates, regional environments, and eventually global efforts to find a cure.

I've been beta testing Plague Inc. for a while now, and I've obliterated my old Lumia 1020's battery due to its infectiously addictive gameplay.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's buggy as hell on my Lumia 1520.

1) Nothing happens when trying to load a previously saved game.
2) Serious performance drops every once in a while.
3) No matter which country you choose to start with, the game always starts in Central Africa.
4) There are no DNS bubbles appearing anywhere, which means you can't evolve your disease fast enough before it gets cured.

Wondering what those beta testers actually tested there. -_-

AVboy

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Same bugs for me on my Ativ S, I also noticed that the game isn't taking the whole screen I have black areas on both sides of the screen.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I know that this game was released on Windows Phone, but the other day I checked the my apps list on my HP Elitepad, and saw Plague Inc in my list. So I downloaded it, and now can play it on my tablet(s). When I do a search for it in the Windows Store, it doesn't show up though. Has it been officially released for Windows tablets?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3