Microsoft may announce major layoffs in the hardware division

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
lumia-640-xl-orange-rear.jpg

Microsoft is expected to announced another round of job cuts, which will be in addition to the 18,000 employees laid off over the course of the last year. Citing anonymous sources in the know, The New York Times is stating that Microsoft may announce the new round of layoffs later today.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Snowy Nokia

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Surface phone imminent?

There's continuing rumors of 2 high end phones for W10M yet no solid evidence of a "surface phone"

As I said, it's a thought, an as of now i would not be surprised.
Surface/Lumia, however you wanna take it.
Rumor of 2 high end devices? Thats even better for me to postulate why a "nexus" line is imminent. It's only high end, nothing budget. An the rumor is looking like along the lines of the 640 and 640 Xl moniker naming.
Again its just a thought/speculation.

Again I mentioned along the lines of relying on OEM partners.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I personally feel that Microsoft should stop producing the majority of their lines of handsets and only produce a couple of premium devices.

We have the Surface line which are premium laptop/hybrid devices, do the same for phones as well.

Heck, I'd be happy if Nokia produced Lumias again...

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Rumor of 2 high end devices? Thats even better for me to postulate why a "nexus" line is imminent. It's only high end, nothing budget. An the rumor is looking like along the lines of the 640 and 640 Xl moniker naming.
Again its just a thought/speculation.

Yup that makes sense. But then again, wasn't it last year about this time that we were eagerly anticipating McLaren?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05