Microsoft is setting up prize machines in New York City to promote its upcoming flagship store

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
microsoft-store-cover-opening.jpg

Microsoft continues promoting the opening of its flagship store in New York City on October 26 with a new effort that could give some lucky New Yorkers some prizes. The company will be setting up prize machines in various locations and times in the city this weekend, to give folks a chance to win items like a Surface tablet, an Xbox One console and more

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

TrouserBandit

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Is the store going to be that colorful? It sticks out like a sore thumb in the region. Completely kills the aesthetic of the stores around it - how are they allowed to throw up a tacky store like that next to the classy buildings around it? Can McDonald's also just buy some land there and throw up a red and yellow building with a huge freaking Ronald McDonald smiling at all the rich people passing by outside? I can't wrap my head around these stores not being able to resist such a tasteless addition to their street.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Is the store going to be that colorful? It sticks out like a sore thumb in the region. Completely kills the aesthetic of the stores around it - how are they allowed to throw up a tacky store like that next to the classy buildings around it? Can McDonald's also just buy some land there and throw up a red and yellow building with a huge freaking Ronald McDonald smiling at all the rich people passing by outside? I can't wrap my head around these stores not being able to resist such a tasteless addition to their street.

Well... It is not MacDonalds. This is a premium store... Colors attract people and most people don't care with money to spend. This beings people to the area... So the other bland stores might just like the attention...

I know people with plenty of money who eat junk food or go any place they want... High or low.... Only people who care about such spend took much time worried about looking the part than living... I know people with money who live... They just don't spend money just to do it... They are regular people with regular lives... With lots of money, lol.

The marketing machine has most people caught and confused one how one should live and look... Those bright colors are also subjected to scrutiny, but they pass. The colors are welcoming to all, no matter what characteristics people want to use to separate/class one another... Be it, ethnicity, financial standing, education, age, height, size, gender, professional status, pet owner, snob, aassshole, fan boy, emo, transsexual, homophob, heterosexual, homosexual, drug user, drug seller, drug manufacture, prescription drug abuser, nice person, etc...

Everyone is something and/or another... Spending money is what to see... They don't care where it comes from... Why do you?

TrouserBandit

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm sorry, I couldn't take your discussion about tact and classiness seriously with a username like TrouserBandit.

I never claimed to be a classy person. Hell, I probably can't even afford to walk on that street. But I can appreciate rich people wanting the places they frequent, and their businesses, to look nice and classy. Microsoft's FisherPrice-designed store just doesn't fit in. I can see Apple cracking a joke at Microsoft shoe horning their store where it doesn't belong because they're making it painfully obvious that they don't belong around that clientele.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)