Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Review

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
surface-pro-4-with-type-cover.jpg

A litany of modest improvements come together to make a computer that's more than the sum of its parts.
Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 (read our full review) will go down as the watershed moment for the company's efforts to refocus on consumer hardware. It was with that version of the Surface that Microsoft saw commercial success and even Apple fans began to take notice. The question is, what do you do to follow up such a device? Do you reinvent it yet again or stick with the same formula? Funny enough, Microsoft did both when the announced the Surface Book and the Surface Pro 4 in early October.
In my last review I asked "Does the Surface Pro 3 replace your laptop? Microsoft makes some bold moves with their new Surface design, but it remains to be seen if people will buy it." Well, it is clear people are buying them as the Surface business is now worth more than $3 billion for the year. It is still not clear if the Surface Pro can replace your laptop, but Microsoft is sticking to their guns.
As it turns out, the Surface Pro 4 is what it should be: an iterative update that refines and builds upon the success of the Surface Pro 3. Under the leadership of Panos Panay, the Surface team is delivering many substantial improvements to keep the Surface line fresh, yet they're not alienating Surface Pro 3 owners either.

So how is it? I have spent the last two weeks with the fourth iteration of the Surface and like the Pro 3, Microsoft has largely succeeded ? assuming you like this form factor.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss