First look - Sygic GPS Navigation now a Windows 10 universal app in open beta!

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
sygic-gps-lumia-1520.jpg

What's cooler than a free navigation app for Windows Phone? One that works everywhere and that's what just happened with Sygic. Sygic GPS Navigation is coming out in the next week, but you can get your hands on the open beta.
Sygic GPS Navigation now works with Windows 10 Mobile and Windows 10 desktop for your PC, Surface and laptop too. As always, Sygic is free with offline maps powered by TomTom. Of course, there is always a small catch, and that is if you want advanced features like live traffic and Head-Up Display (HUD) you'll have to grab those add-ons through the store within the app.

We've playing with Sygic for the last few days and are coming away impressed. Check out our hands-on video to see it all in action on the Lumia 1520 and Surface Pro 4.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

fgaucher

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi ,
I have a Lumia 950 XL dual sim on Rogers in Canada. I had purchase Sygic last december (2015). Was running well of to around last march (2016). Since march, Sygic (16.2.4) keeps closing by itself with no error message. I am on Windows Insider. My Lumia is fully up to date. The firmware is also the latest. I tried everything: Reinstall Windows mobile with the official build, reinstall Windows mobile with Fast Insider build, uninstall Sygic, reinstall it. Try with different maps, voice, language etc. Nothing solved the problem. I also Installed Sygic (16.2.4) on my Surface Pro 3 which is running Windows 10 mobile latest version. Guess what ? Exactly the same problem. So it cannot be a problem with the phone or the firmware because I have the save problem on both devices. It may be a problem with the Microsoft Account use to purchase Sygic, or Sygic itself (version 16.2.4) or the maps or.... Anyway, I sent a LOT of message to Sygic technical support. The WORST technical support I saw. No email acknowledgement, when they answer, its a month later, no solution. Very disapointed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6