Baconit for Reddit gets rewritten as a stunning universal Windows 10 app

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
baconit-windows-10-lead2.PNG

choice-award-wc.png

Windows 10 universal apps are the future. Popular Reddit app Baconit is back with a whole new design and built for any device you can run it on and it wins our award for top must-have app.
When it comes to wasting time on the internet nothing tops Reddit aka the front page of the internet. The popular message board-like site lets users share news with up and down votes plus comments.
Baconit has long been one of our favorite Reddit apps for Windows Phone, but it has been awhile between updates. Luckily, developer and Microsoftie Quinn Damerell has been hard at work on a revamp spending the last three months coding it in his spare time. Not only is the app update, but it is a 100% complete rewrite using the Universal Windows Platform (UWP). That means the app can run on your phone, your PC, your Surface and even HoloLens (seriously).

We had early access to the app, and I have no problems calling it the best looking and more importantly, most intuitive Reddit client for Windows yet. This app makes me want to give up my browser + RES combo that I typically rely on for daily viewing.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss