In 2016 you'll have to pay up to keep editing Office files when using Continuum on Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
office-mobile-apps-tiles.jpg

Windows 10 Mobile users who download and use the free Word, Excel and PowerPoint Office apps will have to pay for editing privileges if those apps are used in Continuum mode. The company says that will go into effect starting on April 1, 2016.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
This is a terrible precedent. If Microsoft does this with their own apps, what's to stop developers from doing it with their apps. Imagine buying apps, and then having to make an in app purchase just to use it with continuum. That is not the scenario Microsoft advertised or presented in any of their continuum ads and presentations.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
So you think if I own a PC I should pay for Office, but a person who uses a mobile should get it for free, this is OK if the mobile version is a cut down version for a quick edit or two, but when that mobile version can magically become the same as the PC version you should also get it for free.

Think it through................

Chris Phelps

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Scaled mobile and desktop are not the same. I wouldn't pay $149 a year to use this app with continuum. Might be worth it for people who need it for businesses, but it isn't worth it for the average casual user.

If this is how their business model is working, then what is the point in continuum? Half the features at the same price to save having to carry a tablet too?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa