Windows Phone needs 'spiritual equivalent' to Surface, says Microsoft's marketing head

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
surface-phone-microsoft-logo.jpg

Chris Capossela, Chief Marketing Officer for Microsoft, appeared on the TWiT network's Windows Weekly this week where he gave his thoughts on how the company needs to move forward to make Windows Phone competitive.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

dlcpa

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
"We need some sort of spiritual equivalent on the phone side that doesn't just feel like it's a phone for people who love Windows," he said. "It's got to be a phone where it's like, 'Wow, that's a real shock or that's a real breakthrough, and (for an Apple customer) that's going to make me pause before I buy my 17th iPhone.' And we need time to actually go build that."

Maybe with Microsoft needs is some confidence in management so that people No but if they buy a Microsoft phone they will be protected and have all their needs fit. What needs are being fit and served by Microsoft phones now? What commercials have you seen showing that Microsoft is as good as an iPhone or an Android? What ability has there been for Microsoft Management to get Bank apps and other necessary apps from the business community? I think the spirituality doesn't have to come from a superphone. Spirituality comes from feeling safe and protected and Satya Nadella and this other guy Chris Capossela don't give me that feeling. Does Nadella give you that feeling or from his statements about women in America do you get the opposite feeling and maybe even a little resentment and maybe he won't be there to protect us and maybe if Microsoft does become successful in the phone business will he take it off shore, for tax purposes, like Apple did. Maybe Capossela needs to start thinking about a way to let people know Microsoft is there.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720