Microsoft's agressive push to rule personal computing, Part II: cross-platform clouds and alternate

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Windows%2010%20is%20here.jpg

Resistance is futile; you will be assimilated.
If you're anything like me, that quote is familiar to you. It's the ominous warning of Star Trek's cybernetic hive mind-connected Borg, meant to communicate the hopelessness of escape to those the unrelenting race has determined to assimilate.
As I shared in in the first part of this extended editorial, though Microsoft is not a species-devouring cybernetic antagonist, the company ambition, and aggression equals that of the fictional Borg. In their passionate pursuit to rule personal computing the business has grown beyond the founding dream of putting a PC on every desk as Satya Nadella states here:
"When I joined the company in '92, it was about the PC in every home and on every desk. Guess what: We achieved that. And a company has to outlast any given technology paradigm and any ambitious goal."
SatyaNadella4.jpg

The company's current manifestation is a firm pursuing the dominant position in the new of age personal computing. Microsoft has now become an aggressive advocate of Windows 10 as an all-encompassing form-factor agnostic platform as discussed in part one of this series. The firm is also positioned as an ever-growing provider of a cloud-based platform for individual and enterprise digital experiences. These shifts combined with Redmond's position as an aggressive provisioner of cross-platform mobile apps is Microsoft's ambitious positioning of itself as the "platform for platforms" upon which personal computing will occur.

About the company's pursuit to rule personal computing, Microsoft is making clear it's intent: Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb