Microsoft confirms FM Radio app removal from Windows 10 Mobile

ArtificiallyYours

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm not surprised since every OEM out there seems fickle about incorporating FM Radio, it was a matter of time until Microsoft ushered it out... Man why do we have all these cheaply built phones with FM Radio but very few carrier-branded flagships WITH FM Radio?

I'm glad I have an Alcatel Flip to take care of this... Would rather have FM on a device with superior battery life.

Panos Athanasiou

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
FM Radio what do we do now?

So i listen sometimes to the radio like a lot of people and now that i know that i wont be getting back that simple app for FM Radio from MS, anyone can suggest a good app to listen to FM Radio that will work? because i tried one that's called FM Radio too but it wasn't as good as the MS one actually i couldn't even hear anything too much noise and i know MS wont leave their app at the store at least and not pre-load it on the phone something that would be great..^^. So yea i am looking for suggestions because there are times FM Radio is useful when i have not Data on my phone to connect to and i want to hear about traffic and music and stuff.

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: FM Radio what do we do now?

Seriously I am disappointed like hell. I use the FM radio like all the time and hardly listen to my mp3 collection. I simply dont get it why they have to follow the Samsung's and Apple. They got FM enabled after Amber update and now they say, ok lets take it back. Tomorrow they'l say there are a lot of music apps, so we are pulling down Groove. There's VLC, so we pull out Movies&TV

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to do this without using the feedback app? it needs me to change log setting from basic to enhanced. I dont wan to send any of my usage data to Microsfot

anon(9812982)

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Is there any way to do this without using the feedback app? it needs me to change log setting from basic to enhanced. I dont wan to send any of my usage data to Microsfot

The data you send via feedback app are OS config (language, version, device info) ed eventually dump of crashed application. nothing more nothing less.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
what's the likely reason they are removing the radio app? It's a core app, isn't it? I can't uninstall it so that means it's a core app.

anon(9812982)

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
what's the likely reason they are removing the radio app? It's a core app, isn't it? I can't uninstall it so that means it's a core app.
Stupid manager basing their decision on a stupid feedback app. People do not know what they need, nor hey know what is useful or not. No-one should take technical decision based on HCI principle (well, no-one should follow HCI at all....).

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I did a quick search for FM and downloaded the highest rated one I saw - "Radio FM Phone". Works fine on my 950XL running the latest fast update, better interface too.

j1sh

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

It's a shame to see MS removing things, but it also makes me wonder why I never looked at other radio apps. Radio FM Phone, as mentioned above, is far more slick looking and functional.

Sent from mTalk

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

Just download an app from the store and listen to FM if your phone has the feature. I tried two different apps. Works even better than the native app, with more features.
- Problem Solved.

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

Just download an app from the store and listen to FM if your phone has the feature. I tried two different apps. Works even better than the native app, with more features.
- Problem Solved.

Which app are you using that DOES NOT stream radio? I need one that uses the headphone wire as an over the air antennae.

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I love the built-in FM Radio app (use it every night) and reverted to Threshold build 10586.107 to get it back. Does anyone know if it has been removed from 10586.242?

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I love the built-in FM Radio app (use it every night) and reverted to Threshold build 10586.107 to get it back. Does anyone know if it has been removed from 10586.242?

No, neither in 318 build too. It's forecasted to be removed from redstone builds unless Microsoft reverts their decision.

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
No, neither in 318 build too. It's forecasted to be removed from redstone builds unless Microsoft reverts their decision.

Does this ^ mean that is exists and is included in Builds 10586.242 and 10586.318 OR it is missing in these builds? Not sure I understand your post. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077