1. WindowsCentral.com's Avatar

    The May AdDuplex report breaks down Windows 10 Mobile devices by Insider vs. non-Insider. We also see sharp declines worldwide for new Lumias, but there is one country where the Lumia 950 may crack the top ten.
    Microsoft seems to have succeeded in getting a higher rate of current Windows 10 Mobile devices as updated 8.1 devices instead of new sales, at least according to this month's AdDuplex report.
    Alternatively, only 22.82% of current Windows 10 Mobile Lumias are of the x50 series (Lumia 550, 650, 950, 950 XL), suggesting that people are not actively buying these phones either. That leaves 77.18% of all Windows 10 Lumias as in-situ upgrades from Windows Phone 8.1. Considering the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL are priced quite high, and the Lumia 550 and Lumia 650 did not see widescale release, none of that should a shock.

    While that bodes well for people clinging to their old hardware, it does nothing for Microsoft or the small handful of other Windows Phone manufacturers.

    Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...
    05-18-2016 04:50 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Text notification. Lumia 640 LTE. Windows10 mobile.
    By andrew bainbridge in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-20-2016, 05:19 AM
  2. Nearly 1 million old Xbox Live gamertags are now up for grabs
    By WindowsCentral.com in forum Windows Central News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2016, 04:11 PM
  3. You can grab six microUSB cables of various lengths for just $7 at Amazon with coupon code
    By WindowsCentral.com in forum Windows Central News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2016, 03:42 PM
  4. Grab the Definitive Edition of Tomb Raider or Sleeping Dogs on Xbox One for just $7.50 at Amazon
    By WindowsCentral.com in forum Windows Central News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2016, 03:30 PM
  5. issues with windows 7 after downgrading from windows 10
    By Windows Central Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2016, 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD