Microsoft Authenticator now lets you add Facebook, Google and other accounts

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I just installed the beta Authenticator after this story was posted on the front page of Windows Central. A few hours later, I received an email from the Microsoft Account team with the following message:

We think that someone else might have accessed the Microsoft account *redacted*. When this happens, we require you to verify your identity with a security challenge and then change your password the next time you sign in.

If someone else has access to your account, they have your password and might be trying to access your personal information or send junk email.

One of my two Google accounts also forced me to change the password for account security. Could this indicate an issue with the beta Authenticator app? What are the chances that two of my accounts from two separate companies were compromised on the same day as switching to a different Authenticator app?

Also, shouldn't two-step verification being enabled eliminate the need for changing passwords every time some type of "suspicious" login attempts may have been detected?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2