I've seen people saying it, but would you really drop your phone just for one game?
    "It makes the platform appear dead," and "Goodbye, Windows" are just two reactions I've seen this past few days since Niantic unleashed its new phenomenon, Pokmon Go upon the world. Yes, it's terrible that Windows Phone users don't get to join in with the cool kids, but is the game really so great that you'd immediately run to the nearest iPhone or Galaxy?

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...
    07-11-2016 12:11 PM
    Unfortunately I know a few people already that have left WP because of Pokemon Go, which is bad because I only knew a few people that had WPs to begin with. Now its just me and my kids, and they all want new phones because of this game...
    07-12-2016 09:25 AM
    Let's see... on one hand I can remain productive and using a platform I love, on the other hand I can look like a moron running around outside looking at my phone, maybe get hit by a car or lured into a remote location and mugged, and the app will have access to all my google account information. Tough choice.
    07-12-2016 09:55 AM
    Or you could just go outside and not look constantly at your phone. There's life outside of that little plastic slab.
    07-12-2016 10:33 AM
    Let's see... on one hand I can remain productive and using a platform I love, on the other hand I can look like a moron running around outside looking at my phone, maybe get hit by a car or lured into a remote location and mugged, and the app will have access to all my google account information. Tough choice.

While I personally agree with you, they have said that the google account thing was incorrect. It was speculation by some blogger that was turned into news when one of the news outlets ran with it as a story. It doesn't actually do that.
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-12-2016 10:40 AM
    I was in Walmart today. Several people roaming around, carts empty, face glued to their phones, in search of cute little monsters. What a way to waste time.
    07-14-2016 12:13 AM
    Walking home tonight, four people in the street, mostly staring at their phones, but still dodging the cars, every few minutes, they moved back and forth, across the street, dragging their dog. Yelling at each other about pokeman, "Its over here" while staring at their "dumb" phones. What has happened to "progress" in the human condition? Who cares? Let's just have careless nonsense fun. "The Madness of Crowds!"
    Last edited by Kevin Rush; 07-14-2016 at 12:50 AM.
    07-14-2016 12:30 AM